Wednesday 11 June 2014

1 May, 2014: Promotional Videos by Serena and Me



In terms of rehearsal, we did not make much progress though we did run the group performance of "Kiss From a Rose" a few times before Kian had to leave due to work commitments.

After the poor overall effort from the group earlier in the week, to participate in and contribute to executing a promotional video to share on social media, I took the initiative to post my previously uploaded and shared studio cover of Michelle Williams' "Fire" - one of my solo performances in the show - to my personal Facebook and Twitter accounts. 

My Facebook post which details the venue, date and time of The Lounge, and links to the event page (where prospective audiences can RVSP), along with venue's, has received 14 'likes' and 3 'shares' - 2 of those shares being from Serena who shared my post on her personal account and also on The Lounge event page. 

Having encouraged the rest of the group to follow suit, Serena actually beat me to it by posting a clip of her rehearsing Erykah Badu's "Otherside of the Game" (which myself and Kian will be accompanying her on for the final performance) on Facebook - the same day I asked the group to post videos independently.

My Facbeook post

Serena's Facebook post

Serena's post was clearly the most successful and I really appreciate her haste in getting a video up, thus promoting the event - I just wish this enthusiasm was shared by the entire group.

No comments:

Post a Comment